Would you most want to live in a city, suburb, or the country?

I always feel like people who live in the country say that they want to live in the city and vice versa. I am one of those cases. I hate the city. Why do I hate cities? Well, number one is that if you were to lay out in the grass in your backyard and star-gaze, you could not see one star. Well, you can, but they aren't very clear. Honestly, that's one of my favourite things to do (mosquito spray is a must though). Sometimes, I'll lay out in my backyard, and I can see the stars, and connect them and make my own constellations and find the pre-existing ones. It's hard to do this because of all the light pollution and air pollution. Last summer, my family and I went to the Grand Canyon. One night I wasn't really feeling it, so I went outside out of our hotel room and laid a towel down and looked at the stars. I have never seen anything more beautiful in my entire life. Every star is visible, and each star is so vibrant. Shooting stars are visible every ten seconds! 

Reason number two is that I love the idea of having hundreds of acres of land and riding four-wheelers, hunting, fishing, farming, and swimming! I have always wanted a house of my own in front of a river and being able to canoe or fish and not having anyone around you for miles. Luckily, my dad owns a camp down in Tylertown, MS so that dream is a reality every time I go there. I can imagine myself having a glass of lemonade on my porch sitting in a rocking chair. I just don't really like being around lots of people. How about you? Do you like living in a city like Baton Rouge (I hate it here)? Or would you like to live in the country somewhere? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear 9-year-old...

Harry Potter !!

Free Post: This Weekend