Reading Response to PH : NO SPOILERS

The one thing I do not understand is why Papa abuses his family even though he loves and cares for them so much. Although, he blames the abuse on the abused because their sins caused him to abuse them. If you love someone, you should not hurt them, even if they have sinned. Although, I am so proud of Kambili because she has completely changed. She used to live in her own little quiet world where she never interacted with people. Now, she's playing with the girls at school and actually talking back to people if they argue with her.

I don't know about you, but I don't remember Papa showing that much sadness about his father's death. I think he wanted to cry but definitely didn't show it as much as Aunt Ifeoma did. All Papa was worried about was his father's conversion to Catholicism. I was angry at Papa because he didn't care about his father at all! He didn't even let his children visit him. Also, I have noticed that Kambili hasn't seen blood everywhere like she used to. Although, she does like to think about death and how people die. Maybe she's fascinated by it. Or maybe she's just very traumatized...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear 9-year-old...

Harry Potter !!

Free Post: This Weekend