Hits and Misses


This year, I have really enjoyed writing weekly blogs. I like to write them because they are an awesome way for me to express how I feel and my opinions. Although, my blogs to tend to be long so I don't get a lot of people commenting on them. I feel pretty successful that I reach the goals of the blog posts every time. I was not enjoying the literary analysis. Although when reading a book or poem, I do like to look deeper into the meaning of the actions of the characters or meanings of words, but not for the entire book. Also, I have a difficult time writing a formal paper for some reason. 

Another piece of writing that I enjoyed was writing the personal narrative. I really liked taking specific thoughts and memories from a certain moment and putting it on paper for everyone else to experience. What I learned about narratives is that you must be as specific as possible. Making sure to use many adjectives and to describe how you feel, what's going on, what you smell, and things like that. The research paper was difficult for me because my strength is not writing formal papers and it is hard for me to use formal words and conventions. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear 9-year-old...

Harry Potter !!

Free Post: This Weekend