Currently Reading: The Catcher in The Rye ❢

The book I'm reading is The Catcher in The Rye by J.D. Salinger. I'm on page 176, and I only have about 58 pages more to go before I finish. I'm despondent that I'm almost done reading it because this book is very well written (I'll explain) and has an action packed story line. This book is never boring because of Holden; the main character is always in adversity. At school, he does not perform well or get along with the students because they are all "phonies," in Holden's words. Here's a scene from Nickelodeon's "Drake and Josh," a TV series in 2004.

I am still yet to understand the meaning of the title. I feel like I am very close to understanding the title though. Anyways, so you may be asking, what's so good about this book? Well, this book is very humorous, including all of Holden's zany problems and hindrances. Holden narrates the story, and we understand how he thinks. This book never stays in one spot; it is always going forward. Some books I read and I think, "Goodness, I've been in the same location, and nothing is happening, this is incredibly annoying." I attempted to persuade you to read this book, I am not sure if I succeeded or not, but I tried haha.

"Mean Teacher." Performance by Drake Bell and Josh Peck, directed by Steve
     Hoofer, written by Dan Schneider. Drake and Josh, season 2, episode 11,
     Nickelodeon, 26 Sept. 2004.

Comments

  1. I have heard great things about this book, and I am looking forward to reading it as soon as I can. I like how you gave details about the book while also making your post very entertaining and fun to read.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dear 9-year-old...

Harry Potter !!

Free Post: This Weekend