A Peek Into My Life: My Grand Canyon Hike 🀧



This summer, my mom; my sister; grandmother; and I went to the breath-taking Grand Canyon in Arizona. Here's a photo that I took while I was there, cool right? When you look at the Grand Canyon, you can see all the layers of rock and the sight is really unreal. In the picture above, you can see the Colorado River that formed the stunning Grand Canyon.


We walked along the edge of the canyon as well, where there were no barriers between you and the bottom. While walking along the rim, you can feel the cool breeze because of the elevation 6,804 feet! Your heart rate increases and you become more wary of where you step, especially if you are very close to the edge. Here's a picture that I took of my sister, Nicole, hiking the trail. I remember looking down and being shocked at how far down it is from the trail to the bottom of the canyon. We walked maybe 1.5 miles of the rim but we were only hiking the south rim, and it's more than a mile long. Seeing the indigenous plants and elk was truly a sight. The air is different at 6,000 feet, it feels almost cleaner and heavier. 


Comments

  1. It sounds like you had a lot of fun this summer! Those pictures are really cool!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dear 9-year-old...

Harry Potter !!

Free Post: This Weekend